Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Why I still call myself a “Naturally Healthy Grandma”

I think I'm quite healthy, considering I have 4 chronic health issues.
After I wrote that last post, I saw the irony, though. Actually, I always have seen it. I have Lupus, Rheumatoid, Fatty Liver disease and Reynaud's Syndrome. Good heavens! How can I still call myself healthy?

Well, because that's not a literal title, of course. What I mean by that title is that I work on my illnesses with natural methods and in fact, only take man made cures when it's absolutely necessary. Such as when I'm having a flare.

Also, I have to say this, when I compare my health journey to that of friends with similar illnesses who take conventional meds, there is a clear difference.

Each time one of my friends is treated with another “miracle” conventional med, they seem to slide further and further down the health ladder. Whereas, at least my natural “cures” don't make me any sicker than I already am and in most cases, they are an improvement or a relief, even if it's a small one.

So there you go, I am as naturally healthy as one can be when fighting several chronic conditions. I believe that's due to my refusal to take certain recommended prescription medicines that have disastrous side effects and stick to healthier alternatives.

I believe that treating illness naturally is the way to go if you want to extend your life as far as possible. That makes me a Naturally Healthy Grandma. I'm as healthy as one can possibly be when dealing with this. I think I've earned the title.


No comments:

Post a Comment